The Summer Safe Carparks programme, which is a successful community safety initiative, is only able to be operated due to the dedication by our diverse community volunteers, who act as ambassadors at our “high risk” tourist destinations.
This programme operates each weekend and statutory holiday over the summer period, from December to Easter Monday.
Dedicated Summer Safe Carparks…
- Sea Cadets – TS Diomede looking after the Abbey Caves carpark.
- Police Volunteers (Blue Club) looking after the A H Reed reserve carpark.
- Onerahi Lions Club & Hatea Lions Club looking after the Parihaka reserve (lookout) carpark.
- Tikipunga Community Trust (TikiPride) looking after the Whangarei Falls (Otuihau) carpark.
- Ngunguru School Years 7 + 8 & Tutukaka Coast Promotions looking after the Whale Bay (Tutukaka Coast) carpark.
- Whangarei Heads Volunteer Surf Lifesaving Patrol looking after the Ocean Beach carpark.
- Ruakaka Surf Life Saving Patrol looking after the Ruakaka Beach carpark.
- Camp Waipu Cove looking after the Waipu Cove carpark.
Associated Summer Safe Carparks…
- Bream Bay Beach Patrols assisting in checking the Uretiti Beach Access Carpark.