We had our 7th Summer Safe Carpark briefing in the Council Chambers last night, which is very heartening and is awesome to see such a strong commitment from our diverse community groups, some of whom are into their 7th year in keeping our high risk carparks safe over the summer period.
I take my hat off to all our volunteers, who selflessly commit their time and resources over the weekends to make Whangarei safer for our visitors.
This programme starts on Saturday 3rd December and goes through to Easter Monday on the 17th April 2017.
Summer Safe Carpark representatives are from:
- Sea Cadets – TS Diomede
- Police Volunteers (Blue Club)
- Onerahi Lions Club
- Hatea Lions Club
- Tikipunga Community Trust (TikiPride)
- Tutukaka Coast Lions Club
- Ngunguru School Parent Teacher Association
- Ruakaka Surf Life Saving Patrol
- Camp Waipu Cove
- Whangarei District Council